We all struggle with self-confidence sometimes, and we all want to look our best. But what is a girl to do when her face is the thing getting in the way of her self-esteem? Thankfully, there is plenty of advice to be followed to help you look your best from forehead to chin. Simply keep reading to check out some of our best tips for maintaining the best version of your face that you possibly can.
Tips for Your Skin
- Layer your products. Believe it or not, using your skincare products in the right order can make a huge difference in the tone and appearance of your skin. Remove makeup and cleanse first. Then, apply toner, serum, eye cream, moisturizer and sunscreen in that order for skin that will positively glow.
- Order the right drinks. Hydrated skin is happy skin! Make sure to drink at least eight glasses of water per day – plus, sip on healthy blends like green smoothies, green tea and pomegranate juice for an antioxidant boost that’s great for your skin.
- Avoid smoking and tanning. Just as important as what to do for your skin is what not to do for your skin. As far as skincare goes, smoking and tanning are just about the worst things you can do for your body – so, avoid them at all costs! No ifs, ands or buts about it.
- Disinfect your phone. If you knew how much bacteria lingered on your phone, would you spend so much time texting and scrolling through Instagram? Seriously, though: if you haven’t wiped down your phone recently, it’s time to disinfect and kill all that icky, acne-causing bacteria once and for all.
- Use a jade roller. Facial exercises and massages are great for getting supple, younger-looking skin, but they can be tiring on your hands and face. Using a jade roller simplifies the work for you, while still giving you all the same benefits.
Tips for Your Eyes
- Use an expert eye cream. The under eye area is often neglected by young women, but the best way to stop aging in its tracks is to begin prevention early! Start using an under eye cream nightly to banish dark circles and hide the signs of poor skin conditions ranging from dehydration to hangovers.
- Soak tea bags in cold water and place them over your closed eyelids for ten minutes. This trick will help you depuff and refresh tired eyes for a quick and easy midday pick-me-up.
- Consider surgical correction. Last but not least, if you’re really struggling to overcome baggy under eye circles, you might consider a consultation with a surgeon like Dr Shahidi, who specializes in cosmetic surgery. A simple eye lift might be just the thing you need for brighter, smoother under eye circles in a pinch.
Tips for Your Lips
- Shed dead skin cells by making a homemade sugar scrub. Simply mix equal parts brown sugar and olive oil until you create a thick paste. Then, use this tasty scrub mixture on your lips two-to-three times per week to help turnover dead skin cells and promote softer, smoother lips.
- Plump lips naturally with cinnamon. Everything you need to get plumper lips instantly is already in your kitchen! Simply mix coconut oil or shea butter with a little bit of cinnamon and use an old toothbrush to apply the mixture to your lips. The mixture of the rubbing motions and cinnamon concoction will leave you with Kylie Jenner lips in no time.
- Use the right lip products. What do everyone’s cult favorite lip-plumping products have in common? Many include the ingredient niacin, which is a popular natural lip-plumper that doesn’t come with negative side effects. Try using Soap and Glory’s Sexy Mother-Pucker lip gloss for a plumping effect you’ll love.